What personal information do we collect?
We will collect personal information from you when you join our agency, apply to join our agency and/or have been a member of our agency, or otherwise use our services. We collect your personal information at the point you decide to interact with us. This may also include signing up on line, subscribing to newsletters, event updates, products and services, contacting customer service, asking a question or making a comment. We may process data including the following personal information about you, where supplied: Name, gender, date of birth, address(es), email, telephone number(s), social media account information, information pertaining to disability and ethnicity, IP address, photographs, video and audio clips and career history. As a member or ex-member of SDTM we may also hold personal information relating to your tax or finances in order to allow us to process payments on your behalf as your agent, or to distribute repeat fees or similar, once you have left our agency. This information may include, where supplied, National Insurance numbers, bank account details, Unique Tax Reference (‘UTR’), passport details, previous addresses, and previous bank account details.
We may also possess ‘sensitive personal data’ if you, as a member or ex-member of SDTM disclosed this information to us as part of your profile or public acting profile, including:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious belief
- Trade union membership, including membership number
- Physical/mental health or condition
- Sexual life or sexual orientation
- Biometric data
Please note, that some of our services involves promotional tools, for example your profile on SDTM website as a current member, and personal data included in these public profiles may be accessible by the public via wide circulation or redistribution, and via our historical archives. Therefore you should never include any personal data on your SDTM profile that you would wish to remain private. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, our suppliers, advertising networks, analytics providers and ad-tech companies) and we may receive information about you from them.
How will we use your personal information?
Information you give to us:
We use this information to:
- help us respond to your queries;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we enter with you to provide you with information, products and services you’ve requested from us;
- send you our newsletter, email updates, services we feel may interest you and other subscriptions with your consent;
- provide you with information about other, similar goods and services we offer based on what you’ve recently enquired about;
- if you are not in the EEA or a jurisdiction that prohibits it, we can provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our services; and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We use information we collect about you to:
- improve our Website to present content to you and your computer in an effective manner;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
Advertising and Social Media
Data Protection Legislation
As your agent or previous agent we are your Data Controller. We regard the lawful and correct treatment of your personal information by us as very important to our business. To this end we fully endorse and adhere to data protection law in the UK. It is your responsibility to ensure that your Agent only processes your personal data in accordance with your wishes.
Updating Personal Information
If you have provided us with personal information, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is correct and up to date. This will enable us to provide you with the best service possible. Please contact us as soon as possible if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete. Our contact details are set out below.
You have the right to access the personal information which we hold about you and to have any errors corrected. You may check the personal information we have about you by contacting us at the address below. However, please note that no information can be released by us until your identification has been verified. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org